Inclusive Choir – Coventry
A musical community without barriers!
The Coventry Soundabout Inclusive Choir welcomes people aged 25 years and under, and their families.
The Choir celebrates that everyone has their own way of sharing their voice. Here are a few examples of ways you could join in:
- Using Makaton Signing
- Singing or other vocal noises
- Making sounds with an instrument or sound maker
- Using technology e.g. an iPad or EyeGaze
- Movement and dance
By welcoming all voices we aim to be as inclusive as possible, and actively try to remove barriers to participation from those with severe and profound learning disabilities.
The choir sings songs chosen by members and occasionally writes their own songs. Every piece of music is designed so that members can be involved in their own way.
The choir is free to join, there are no auditions, and you do not need to be able to read music notation.
When & Where?
We are offering a mixture of face-to-face and virtual rehearsals so that you can join in however is best for you! Click here for dates of upcoming rehearsals.
- Every four weeks on Saturdays at 11am-12.30pm starting from 18th September 2021
- At Sherbourne Fields School
- Every two weeks on Saturdays at 11am-12pm
- On Zoom
Our members share why they love being part of the Soundabout Inclusive Choir: