Soundabout Inclusive Choirs
Soundabout Inclusive Choirs are musical communities without barriers for musicians of all abilities with a focus on giving a voice to people with severe and profound learning disabilities. The choirs are FREE to join and currently run virtually but will also involve face-to-face rehearsals when it is safe to do so.
Our approach is firmly on creating opportunities for leadership for our choir members, and we develop singers to have the confidence to lead the groups and share their music throughout the sessions.
There are currently six Inclusive Choirs, which all meet every fortnight, and our Oxford choir is open to anyone to attend virtually, regardless of location. All choirs meet on a Saturday or a Sunday – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the time of your chosen choir.
Youth Choirs (for ages 18 and under)
· Peterborough Youth, in partnership with Peterborough Music Hub.
· Wiltshire Youth, in partnership with Wiltshire Music Connect music hub.
· Oxford (and beyond) is the original Oxford choir and also includes members from all over the country and beyond.
· Bristol, supported by MyCool Music Foundation, the choir session takes place online on Sundays at 11am.
· Leicestershire, supported by Leicestershire Music Education Hub, takes place online on Saturdays at 12pm.
Here we are celebrating BBC Music Day 2018