Work With Us
Soundabout is a small charity with large ambitions. We aim to engage with people with severe or profound learning disabilities across the UK through musical interaction to enable them to have a voice and way to communicate.
Full Time Position: Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible to the Board of Trustees for leading Soundabout. The CEO will work with the Trustees to develop Soundabout’s vision and strategy. The CEO is also responsible for the management of the charity and its staff and the execution of the Soundabout’s targets, plans and policies, ensuring that resources are used to best effect in meeting the needs of beneficiaries. The CEO is responsible for developing and overseeing new initiatives that will ensure Soundabout plays a leading national and international role in the developing field of music and disability, and acting as an Ambassador to advocate on behalf of our community in breaking down barriers to inclusion.
- creative, inspiring, visionary leadership, ensuring that contributions are valued at all levels of the organisation;
- a commitment to uphold Soundabout’s values of being accessible, aspirational, empowering, trustworthy, responsive and inclusive;
- experience of senior management or Governance in the charity sector or transferable experience from similar not-for profit organisation;
- a record of success in leading organisational development;
- a strong communicator, ideally with expertise in using PR and marketing
- strategies to shine a spotlight on an organisation;
- the ability to see ideas through from concept to implementation and evaluation;
- the capacity to operate at a strategic level and to analyse complex issues;
- experience of programme development and the management of grants;
- the ability to prepare and manage budgets;
- a track record of successful fundraising;
- strong relationship-building skills;
- experience of staff management including personal development;
- strong organisational, written and oral communication skills, including experience and confidence in public speaking;
- computer literacy in standard office packages;
- and emotional intelligence.
We especially welcome applications from people from under-represented groups and are committed to making adjustments that would support you in applying for or carrying out the role.
How to apply:
To apply please email your CV and a supporting statement which outlines your suitability for the role to email@example.com with the header “CEO Application” and complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. For more information, please read through our CEO Recruitment Pack.