Make Music Change Lives At Christmas
Make Music Change Lives at Christmas Appeal
Christmas is a very difficult time for people with complex health needs and their families. Because of the pandemic and second lockdown, many of these families tell us that they are ‘living in survival mode’ with critical support services and care stripped away. Many are facing isolation, exhaustion and anxiety. Soundabout needs to raise £5000 to be able to be there for these families throughout Christmas and beyond, providing free online musical activities every day to safely entertain, engage and educate adults and children with profound and multiple learning disabilities.
In order to help our community keep making music throughout Christmas, we are releasing a brand new album of 12 favourite Soundabout songs performed by Soundabout music practitioners Karen and Georgie. Soundabout Songs Vol. 1 features music from our Soundabout Live!, Hello Song and Soundabout Inclusive Choir sessions. The songs are featuring on our new 12 days of Christmas campaign.
Please make a donation to Soundabout’s “Make Music Change Lives at Christmas” and help us to reach our £5000 target so we can give this very special gift free to everyone on Soundabout’s supporter database.
You can also support the appeal by:
- Watching the Soundabout Virtual Christmas Concert, hosted by Jessica Hynes and including readings and music from Radio 2 DJ Sara Cox, Celia Imrie, Lost Voice Guy, Andrea Begley, Dance Syndrome and the amazing Soundabout Inclusive Choirs from Bristol, Oxford, Peterborough and Wiltshire.
- Joining in with our songs for Soundabout’s 12 Days of Christmas Campaign on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram starting on December 1st and sharing it widely with your networks.
- Downloading our fundraising pack for inspiration
- Becoming a regular donor and help Soundabout create musical communities without barriers throughout the year
- Volunteering your time to support Soundabout work over Christmas and beyond